- Doctoral defence of Arash Mirhashemi on 5.8.2020
- Doctoral defence of Alsen Kapinga on 16.4.2020
- Vaihtoon Eurooppaan lukuvuonna 2020-2021? Haun deadline 15.2!
- UEF’s international Master’s degree programmes are attractive
- Doctoral defence of Lahari Sengupta on 9.12.2019
- Doctoral defence of Sandhya Kode on 3.12.2019
- AI agent learns to play computer games and enjoys rewards
- Lecture series in photonics showcases the latest practical applications
- DIGIDENT-seminar on 24.9.2019 (Kuopio Campus)
- Doctoral defence of Adekunle Afolabi on 6.9.2019
- Guest lecture by Stefan Neumann (University of Vienna) on 4.9.2019
- UEF’s IMLEX programme selected as one of the first Erasmus Mundus programmes between Europe and Japan
- Finnish higher education institutions excel in Erasmus Mundus calls: 6 programmes have a Finnish university participating
- Doctoral defence of Hana Vrzáková on 24.4.2019
- Entä jos sinulle soittava äitisi ei olisikaan hän itse? Uuden ajan puhelinhuijaukset käyttävät muunnettua ääntä
- ASVspoof - world-leading research institutes and IT companies are joining forces to combat voice spoofs
- Kansainvälinen viikko 21. – 25.1
- Two post-doc openings in the NOTCH project (DL 28.2))
- Data Mining & Speech Research Seminar on 18.1.2019
- Doctoral defence of Hoorieh Afkari on 21.12.2018
PhD Studies in Computer Science
Doctoral-level education in the School of Computing (ECSE) offers doctoral students high level systematic research training and give a deep insight in to the specific research area chosen by the student. The research focus areas of the School are
- Intelligent Media Computing
- Technologies for Learning and Development
We belong to Doctoral Programme in Science, Technology and Computing.
As a part of ECSE, IMPDET study program offers online PhD-studies in technologies for education and development. Please visit the pages research areas and research groups at the School of Computing.
Most students are involved in the School's teaching activities, or collaborate in projects closely with Finnish and international companies. A versatile, rich and stimulating learning envisonment with world-class supervisors in their own research fields in an excellent starting point for an international R&D career. After graduation the students will have good capabilities to adjust to the demanding requirements of research and industry of the future. Besides the academic skills, a PhD degree in Computer Science gives a broad professional and leadership competence.